Marvin is a National Board Certified Health and Wellness Coach trained at Duke Health and Well-Being, an ACE-certified personal trainer, and PN-certified nutrition coach. Marv has over a decade of experience guiding clients who understand that their wellbeing and fitness are key to getting to the summit in their lives. Recognized for doing more than making you sweat, he works with you to make you a high-performing human.
In health coaching, you will do a deep dive to discover how your strengths work for you to reach your goals. In personal training, you will utilize the very latest nutrition, recovery, and movement science to achieve more at work, at home, and at play.
EDUCATION & QUALIFICATIONS:
- National Board Certified Health and Well-Being Coach (NBC-HWC), National Board for Health and Wellness Coaching (NBHWC)
- American Council on Exercise (ACE) certified personal trainer
- Master of Science, State University of New York (SUNY) Maritime College
- Applied Health and Human Performance Specialist (APHHPS) Level 2, Institute of Motion (IOM)
- Precision Nutrition Certified Coach (PN) Level 2
- Cancer Exercise Trainer, American Cancer Society and American College of Sports Medicine (ACS/ACSM)
- Functional Range Conditioning (FRC) certified, Functional Anatomy Seminars
- Kettlebell Coach Level 2, Kettlebell Athletics certified
- Pre- and Post-natal certified
- Functional Movement Screen (FMS) Level 2 certified
- Fundamental Capacity Screen (FCS) certified
- Certified Conditioning Coach, Bioforce
- Titelist Performance Institute (TPI) Golf Level 1 certified
- Mental Performance Mastery certified coach
BEST PIECE OF ADVICE HE'S EVER RECEIVED:
Things don't just happen, you make them happen. - Wyatt Taylor
FAVOURITE WORKOUT SONG:
My musical tastes are all over the place, from alt-rock to country and you might catch me listening to dance music on the treadmill.
FAVOURITE CHEAT MEAL:
Pickle Pizza, that's an actual thing discovered at a pub while exploring rural Ontario.
"Working with Marvin Nixon has truly been transformational for me. When I hired Marv it wasn't to lose weight or to "be fit". I hired him because I wanted to be in the best shape of my life when I turn 50 next year. Not in appearance necessarily, but in my best "health." I have been weight training since I was 13, so I've had an interest in being healthy for a very long time. As you can imagine I've tried lots of things and been given all kinds of advice. It wasn't until I started working with Marv that I truly approached my health differently. Coaching with Marv has changed my health and mindset...I'm truly grateful to have trained with Marv and plan to continue in the future. Thanks, Marv for being my coach first and now my friend." - Ryan B.
"Marvin is all the things you would want a coach to be: knowledgeable, inspiring, motivating, understanding, and patient. He worked with my physical limitations and pushed me hard when I needed it. Marv’s holistic approach to nutrition, sleep, mindset, and physical health was exactly what I needed, and I can proudly say that I’m the healthiest and most in-shape of my life. I could not recommend him enough!" - Roberto S.
"Marvin is a lot more than a coach or a trainer, he managed to keep me motivated and accountable while adapting to my ever changing schedule. In addition to crafting challenging training programs which set ambitious, but realistic goals, Marvin goes above and beyond with a strong focus on day-to-day life via key improvements and recommendations on topics like sleeping and eating habits, posture, and stress management. Overall, Marvin helped me have a more positive approach to health, and fitness, while pushing me to consistently aim higher. Marvin is fun, approachable, driven, professional and, for me, the gold standard in the industry." - Raphael P.