Adelaide Club Spa is proud to introduce a new service for those looking for better brows: Microblading. Our medical aesthetician, Amrit Gill, explains more on this revolutionary new treatment.
Microblading is a new and wildly popular cosmetic process for eyebrow enhancement. The microblading procedure involves the application of a semi-permanent tattoo using a needle instead of a machine which forms tiny channels to deposit cosmetic pigment into the epidermis creating natural looking hair-like strokes. Microblading is particularly appealing to people with sparse, thinning or over-tweezed brows.
You are a good candidate if you:
• Have over tweezed brows that just won’t grow back
• Have thinning brows
• Have Alopecia
• Hair loss due to chemotherapy and radiation
• Have to pencil or fill in your brows everyday
• Are losing your eyesight and can’t see where to fill them in
• Have lopsided or uneven brows
• Want to cover old tattoos that have turned red or blue or grey
• Have scars that have created bald spots in your brows
• Want fuller looking brows
You may not be eligible for Microblading if you:
• Are pregnant or nursing
• Have a history of keloids or hypertrophic scarring
• Are in chemotherapy (consult your doctor)
• Have a viral infection or disease
• Have any skin irritations or psoriasis near the treated area (rashes, sunburn, acne, etc.)
• Are sick (cold, flu, etc.)
• Have had Botox in the past month
• Have taken Accutane in the past year
• Recently tanned or will be tanning within 4 weeks
• Have had any treatment, medication, or illness that compromises the immune system
The whole process takes about two hours. The first hour is to measure, stencil, and wax the brows to get the perfect shape. This is the longest portion of the process and the most important step. During this time, the best customized shape for every client is chosen. The second hour is for microblading which can take anywhere from 30 minutes to an hour.
You will lose some colour after your first appointment and will need to come back for a touch-up 8 weeks later to perfect the colour and shape which takes approximately 45 minutes.
The results can last anywhere from 12 - 24 months depending on skin type and other factors like sun exposure, skin care products etc.