Raised in the GTA, Stephanie has always led an active lifestyle. She started taking dance classes at the age of 4 and continued into her late 20s. While living in New York City, she completed her Romana’s Pilates teacher certification which motivated her to pursue a full-time career in Pilates. With a background in dance, acting, and comedy, her training sessions are always inspiring.
While Stephanie will be able to assist any client with their goals, she is Ontario’s only Romana’s Pilates Certified Instructor. She teaches Classical Pilates, which follows an ordered series of movements with each exercise building upon the previous one. Over time, you’ll notice yourself become stronger, more flexible, and taller while you train with Stephanie.
EDUCATION & QUALIFICATIONS:
- Performing Arts Diploma, Randolph Academy for the Performing Arts
- Dance Arts Diploma, Cambrian College of Applied Arts and Technology
- Romana's Pilates Instructor Certification
- Enhancing Your Teaching Skills, True Pilates
- Anatomy of Motion, Body Harmonics Pilates
- Rebounding, Body Harmonics Pilates
- V2 Max Plus Reformer, Stott Pilates
- Pilates for Pregnancy, Body Harmonics Pilates
- Biomechanics and Programming, Sally Belanger
- Pedi Pole workshop
- Wunda Chair, High Chair and Arm Chair, The Golden Chain: Transitions are exercises, and The Cadillac Bednazium, Peter Fiasca
- The Key Chain, The Magic of Touch, and Studio Success, Cara Hazelton
- Advanced Functional Anatomy, Body Harmonics
- Post Rehab Protocols - Hip & Knee, Body Harmonics
- 360o Mat Intensive, Benjamin Degenhart
- Stability Barrel, Stott Pilates
- Pilates for Men, Wunda Chair, Classical Reformer, Chris Robinson
- The Power and Potential of the Classical Equipment, Touch Techniques, Cara Hazelton
BEST PIECE OF ADVICE SHE'S EVER RECEIVED:
"Where you are is where you need to be."
FAVOURITE WORKOUT SONG:
I always listen to "On Top of the World" by Imagine Dragons when I'm running.
FAVOURITE CHEAT MEAL:
I don't believe in "cheat meals." I believe in "Everything in moderation - including moderation." I will never say no to nachos and guac.
“I’ve had the pleasure of weekly Pilates sessions with Stephanie for several years. These sessions have alleviated back pain (due to desk job), and helped me prevent sports-related injuries. Just as importantly, Stephanie has a warm and outgoing personality which I know is much appreciated by all of her clients.” – David Ross
“I have been training with Stephanie for over five years now and always look forward to my weekly sessions with her. My posture, core strength, and flexibility have improved considerably. Stephanie ensures that I decompress, leave work behind, and focus on myself. I always feel better and relaxed after a session with Stephanie, thanks to her caring personality and professional approach to training.” – Katrin Hayduk
“Stephanie brings a real joie de vivre to her job. She is kind, supportive, and knowledgeable with a fantastic sense of humour and a very positive outlook on life. With Stephanie’s coaching and encouragement, I have learned a new and challenging skill that allows me to release stress while gaining strength and flexibility. I look forward to my weekly sessions with Stephanie and have no hesitation in recommending her to anyone.” – Jason Markwell
“Stephanie is a terrific instructor, with a program that has worked very well for me. I run and cycle, and have been injury free since training with her. She is also a fun, high energy individual, and I look forward to my sessions.” – John MacIntyre
416-865-0900 x 5256