|SPORTS NUTRITION & SUPPLEMENTATION
- Athletes and active people have higher nutritional requirements than sedentary individuals. Providing a strong Sports Nutrition program builds the foundation for an athletes success. As the intensity of training increases, sports supplementation becomes increasingly important. A tailored Nutrition & Supplementation program will help athletes get stronger, fitter, and achieve their goals even faster!
DIGESTION-THE ATHLETE'S ENGINE
- Assessments & Protocols to optimize digestive function. Most athletes suffer from intestinal dysbiosis – ‘bad’ gut bacteria outnumber ‘good’ – which leads to poor absorption of nutrients, inflammation, and poor immune system function
CORTISOL (STRESS) TESTING
- Intense training dramatically increases cortisol levels. Chronically elevated levels will deplete muscle stores, impair immune system function and lead to overtraining. Lab testing can determine an athletes ‘Cortisol Curve’.
- Clinical studies unanimously show that intense training depletes immune system function, leading to more colds and flus for athletes. Being sick effects training schedules and can set an athlete’s progress back.
- Assessments and Protocols given to maintain robust immune system function. Treatments can include IV, herbal medicine, or various nutrients.
- Athletes or executives can be prone to systemic inflammation due to training poor food choices, or chronic use of anti-inflammatory drugs (NSAIDs). NSAID’s inhibit cartilage formation and a very damaging to the stomach, and therefore are not good long-term solutions to pain and inflammation. Our lab tests can determine the exact measure of inflammation in the body and then a prescribed protocol given to help control inflammation naturally.
- Endurance Athletes – cyclists, marathoners, Tri-Athletes o Strength Athletes & Team Sports
WHAT IS IV THERAPY?
- Infusion of vitamins, minerals, and nutrients directly into the bloodstream o Allows for maximal absorption of nutrients
- Promotes accelerated recovery
- Replenishes muscle (glycogen) stores
- Reduces muscle soreness
- Prevents training induced immune-depression (increase incidence cold/flu) o Reduces cortisol (stress output) post training.
Learn how the maintaining an ‘alkaline’ body can help you improve your performance during exercise, speed your recovery time, and keep nagging injuries in check in Dr Bubbs article on the benefits of an alkaline diet. (add link) By incorporating a few tips from Dr Bubbs ND you can improve your training and your long-term health as well! If you have any questions for Dr Bubbs or would like to book an appointment please contact the Sport Medicine Clinic reception team at email@example.com